Dao Companions to Chinese Philosophy
A New Book Series Published by Springer
Series Editor: HUANG Yong
While 'philosophy' is a Western term, it is not something exclusively Western. In this increasingly global world, the importance of non-Western philosophy becomes more and more obvious. Among all the non-Western traditions, Chinese philosophy is certainly one of the richest. In a history of more than 2500 years, many extremely important classics, philosophers, and schools have been produced. As China is becoming an economical power today, it is only natural that more and more people become interested in learning about the cultural tradition, including the philosophical tradition, of China. The Dao Companions to Chinese Philosophy series aims to provide the most comprehensive and most updated introduction to various aspects of Chinese philosophy as well as philosophy heavily influenced by Chinese philosophy. Each volume in this series focuses on an individual school, text, or person.
The Dao Companions to Chinese Philosophy series aims to provide the most comprehensive and most updated introduction to various aspects of Chinese philosophy as well as philosophy heavily influenced by Chinese philosophy. Each volume in this series focuses on an individual school, text, or person.
- Dao Companion to Neo-Confucian Philosophy (2010), edited by John Makeham. ISBN: 978-90-481-2929-4 (Springer link)
- Dao Companion to Hanfeizi's Philosophy (2013), edited by Paul R. Goldin. ISBN: 978-94-007-4317-5 (Springer link)
- Dao Companion to Classical Confucian Philosophy (2014), edited by Vincent Shen. ISBN: 978-90-481-2935-5 (Springer link)
- Dao Companion to Analects (2014), edited by Amy Olberding. ISBN: 978-94-007-7112-3 (Springer link)
- Dao Companion to Japanese Confucian Philosophy (2014), edited by John Tucker, HUANG Chun-chieh, and John Allen. ISBN: 978-90-481-2920-1 (Springer link)
- Dao Companion to Daoist Philosophy (2015), edted by LIU Xiaogan. ISBN: 978-90-481-2926-3 (Springer link)
- Dao Companion to the Philosophy of Xunzi, edted by Eric Hutton. ISBN: 978-94-017-7745-2 (Springer link)
- Dao Companion to Chinese Buddhist Philosophy, edted by Sandra Wawrykyo (Springer link)
- Dao Companion to Japanese Buddhist Philosophy, edted by Gereon Kopf (Springer link)
- Dao Companion to Korean Confucian Philosophy, edted by Young-chan Ro (Springer link)
- Dao Companion to the Zhuangzi, edted by CHONG Kim-Chong
- Dao Companion to the Philosophy of Mencius, edited by XIAO Yang
- Dao Companion to the Philosophy of the Guodian Bamboo Slip Manuscripts, edited by Shirley Chan
- Dao Companion to the Contemporary New Confucian Philosophy, edited by David Elstein
- Dao Companion to the Logic-Philosophical Thought in China, edited by FUNG Yiu-ming
- Dao Companion to the Philosophy of Zhu Xi, edited by NG Kai-chiu and HUANG Yong
Promotion: eBook and MyCopy
eBook : Springer publishes an eBook version alongside the print edition. eBooks are sold in packages to the academic library world, and volumes in this series are included in the Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Book Package. If your library is a subscriber to this Package, your staff and students will be able to make use of the content of our eBooks. You and your students may download pdf of chapters and teachers can in this way make use of material for classroom. As Springer does count the downloads of eBook and uses it as a success measure, you are advised to ask your students to each download the volumes, instead of sending them the pdf yourself.
MyCopy : Perhaps you are interested to learn more about the Springer project called MyCopy, which will enable patrons of the academic libraries who subscribes to Springer eBook packages to purchase a softcover volume at a very reasonable price. MyCopy is a new and unique feature in Springer’s eBook collection that offers eBook users the possibility to obtain a printed soft cover version of the eBook they are interested in. MyCopy can be ordered for personal use only by researchers, scientists and students who have access to an eBook collection through their library. Each MyCopy book is available to them for $24.95. It primarily aims to give eBook users more flexibility when reading and accessing the information they are looking for.Back to Top